Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. is seeking highly motivated individuals for summer student positions based in our Prince George office location.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Triton’s multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soils science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth.
Successful candidates will provide support on a variety of field projects. Responsibilities:
- Assisting biologists with water quality, fish, wildlife, and vegetation assessments
- Environmental monitoring of construction work activities
- Mobilizing and maintaining field gear and equipment
- Installing erosion and sediment control measures
- Monitoring water quality
- Conducting fish salvages during instream works
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidates will possess the following skills, traits, and qualifications:
- Working toward a diploma or degree in natural resource management, biology, or environmental science
- Willing to work 10-12 hours per day and up to 14-day field shifts
- Physically fit and able to conduct field work in all weather conditions
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence and Level 1 first aid training
Although not required, the following would be considered assets for this position:
- Experience working outdoors in remote locations and in all weather conditions
- Experience operating 4×4 trucks
- Experience operating ATVs/UTVs, with valid training certifications
- Electrofishing or H2S Alive certifications
- Experience navigating using maps, compasses, and GPS
- Ability to identify fish and plant species
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
- Email: email@example.com
- Competition Reference: SSPG-0219
- Closing Date: May 3, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.