Are you a bright, energetic manager with a reputation for detail and follow-through; looking to work alongside a team of experienced and collaborative environmental professionals; and able to offer practical environmental solutions for responsible development? If so, we want to hear from you.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Triton’s multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soils science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager with an environmental background to help continue to grow our business. The role is based in Vancouver; however, travel from time to time to other offices may be required.
Our Project Managers are the cornerstone of the company, and are continually committed to outstanding client service. To be successful in this role, you should have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Maintaining a strong client network and a natural aptitude for business development and networking
- Creating lasting client relationships through the successful delivery of projects that lead to future opportunities
- Preparing proposals
- Serving as the primary client contact and liaising with regulatory agencies
- Leading teams of technical staff and ensuring goals for quality, cost, and timeliness of deliverables are met or exceeded
- Building successful teams and managing those teams while developing new business
- Coaching, mentoring, and training junior staff
- Promoting and maintaining a positive work environment within the office and throughout the region
The successful candidate will have an uncanny ability to identify leads and turn them into projects. You will be a strong problem-solver, who is able to address challenges with effective solutions that improve systems and/or relationships. Specifically, you will possess the following:
- University degree or technical diploma in biology, environmental science, or a related field
- Professional designation or eligibility (e.g., R.P.Bio, P.Biol., RPF, P.Ag.)
- Project management certification (considered an asset)
- Seven to ten years’ experience managing environmental projects in a consulting role, with an emphasis on client relations and relationship management
- Supervisory experience (i.e., managed 5 to 10 direct reports)
- Knowledge of or experience with a range of environmental services
- Experience with proposal writing and developing work plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven problem solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prepare and make comprehensive presentations, participate in formal debate, and communicate professionally before an audience
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing date: March 9, 2018
Competition Reference: PMVCR-0118
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.