Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (Triton) is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated senior biologist and project manager to supplement our team of diverse environmental professionals. This position will be based out of our Terrace, Kitimat, or Prince Rupert offices. Our existing projects encompass Western Canada and will provide the successful candidate with exciting and rewarding opportunities for career development.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soils science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidate will support the technical and project management team in Terrace. Our senior specialists and project managers are the cornerstone of our company and are committed to outstanding client service. In this role you will be responsible for managing and delivering the technical components of programs and providing senior mentorship to our environmental professional staff. Specific duties may include the following:
- Planning and managing a diverse array of projects
- Preparing permit applications
- Liaising with clients, regulators, and contractors
- Writing high-quality reports, cost estimates, and proposals
- Analyzing complex biophysical data and completing statistical analysis
- Managing projects or managing the technical portions of multi-disciplinary projects
- Leading technical teams to ensure the quality, cost, and timeliness of deliverables
- Contributing specialist expertise to multi-disciplinary projects
- Providing mentorship and training for our environmental professional team
- Maintaining client relationships and supporting business development
- Working collaboratively within Triton corporate culture
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc. in biology or a related field
- R.P. Bio. or eligible for registration as a registered professional biologist with the College of Applied Biology
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience
- Advanced multi-jurisdictional knowledge of provincial and federal environmental regulations, policies, and permit application processes
- Effective technical writing skills, including report and proposal preparation
- Extensive experience designing and leading field programs, including baseline aquatic and terrestrial assessments and impact assessments
- Species at Risk experience
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Superior problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing date: June 15, 2019
Competition Reference: SBPMT-0419
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.