Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated project manager to join a well-established team of diverse environmental professionals in our Prince George office. Our existing projects encompass Western Canada and will provide the successful candidate with exciting and rewarding opportunities for career development.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidate will support the project management and technical team in Prince George. Our project managers are the cornerstone of our company and are committed to outstanding client service. In this role you will be responsible for managing the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects and providing senior mentorship to staff. Specific duties may include the following:
- Planning, organizing, and managing a diverse array of projects, people, and tasks
- Liaising and negotiating with other partners, clients, regulators, contractors, and sub-contractors
- Writing high-quality reports, cost estimates, and proposals
- Creating project status reports and maintaining project documentation
- Leading technical teams to ensure the quality, cost, and timeliness of deliverables
- Contributing specialist expertise to multi-disciplinary projects
- Providing mentorship and training for our environmental professional team
- Providing excellent service to existing clients and maintaining those relationships
- Supporting corporate business development initiatives
- Working collaboratively within Triton corporate culture
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidates will possess the following skills, traits, and qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in a related field (environmental science, biology, agrology, ecology)
- Professional designation (R.P. Bio., PMP, etc. or eligible for registration as a registered professional) recognized in BC
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management (i.e., budgeting, cost and scope control) and the leadership and supervision of project teams
- Effective technical writing skills, including report and proposal preparation
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Superior problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box
- Previous experience in the environmental consulting industry is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing date: Aug. 30, 2019
Competition Reference: PMPG-0319
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.