Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (“Triton”) is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated project coordinator to join a well-established team of diverse environmental professionals in our Kitimat office. Our existing projects encompass Western Canada and will provide the successful candidate with exciting and rewarding opportunities for career development.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
This is a busy and demanding role working with project managers, supporting a client base ranging from regional clients to multi-national oil & gas and mining/resource-based companies, to government, First Nations, power management, and transportation firms. Specifically, you may be required to:
- Attend all project team meetings/conference calls and prepare and distribute minutes;
- Coordinate information distribution to the project team;
- Review/enter employee timesheets, prepare and check accuracy of monthly project invoices;
- Assist with project scheduling and ongoing management of the schedule;
- Monitor subcontractor contracts and performance;
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure milestones are met and deliverables are completed on time;
- Develop and distribute project status reports as well as regular project reporting requirements;
- Track budgets, costs, and progress benchmarks;
- Plan and organize project reviews, stakeholder meetings, and events;
- Ensure project quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) procedures are followed;
- Organize and help to prepare project presentation materials;
- Administer field health and safety programs and ensure project and company safety requirements are met;
- Ensure regular reporting and communications are maintained that strengthen relationships with clients;
- Contribute to proposal writing, data/records management, and mandatory reporting;
- Manage gear and equipment inventory and purchasing;
- Extract data from project databases and develop data tables;
- Coordinate travel logistics, such as flights, camp bookings, and shuttles;
- Complete document review and submission of technical reports; and
- Assist with onboarding of new staff members, including scheduling orientations and briefing on project requirements.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma in related science (e.g., biology, environmental engineering, geology, geography)
- 2+ years in related role (e.g., project assistant/coordinator, biological, engineering) with project experience in a consulting environment
- Certificate/diploma in business administration or project management would be an asset
- Accreditation or eligibility for accreditation with professional governing body (P.Eng., R.P.Bio., P.Ag., or AScT) considered an asset
- Experienced in project management best practices for project tracking and cost-accounting needs, able to produce up-to-date status reports as required
- Proven abilities in coordination, maintaining project and document controls, data management, and submitting project reports
- Superbly organized and self-managed, able to deliver on time in a diverse and often demanding multi-project environment with a high level of attention to detail
- Intermediate to expert in your abilities with desktop software (Word, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint), and adept at quickly editing and formatting complex documents
- A quick learner, easily adapting to new software applications, systems, and business processes
- Effective writing skills, and ability to produce meaningful reports and proposals
- Strong problem solver able to address challenges with effective solutions that improve systems and/or relationships
- A positive and energetic demeanor
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please email us (quoting the competition number in the subject line) with your resume and cover letter stating where you saw our job posting.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: June 15, 2019
- Competition Reference: PCK-0519
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.