Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. is looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual with the right mix of experience and administrative expertise to join a well-established team of environmental professionals in the role of Project/Office Coordinator.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soils science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled and motivated to get things done. The Project/Office Coordinator will provide direct support to the Prince George Operations Manager, Project Managers, and Office Administration staff. Responsibilities:
- Assisting office management and administration to ensure timely execution of deliverables
- Preparing and distributing internal reports and providing analysis as needed to operations
- Assisting in preparation of management presentations
- Identifying process improvement opportunities
- Reviewing employee timecards and supporting documentation for invoices
- Assisting with scheduling, as per service agreements
- Writing proposals, managing data/records, and conducting mandatory reporting
- Tracking budgets, costs, and progress benchmarks
- Planning and organizing project reviews, stakeholder meetings, and events
- Organizing and preparing project presentation materials
- Monitoring subcontractor contracts and performance
- Promoting a safety culture and ensuring project and company safety requirements are met
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, traits, and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related science (e.g., biology, environmental engineering, geography)
- Five+ years of related technical project experience (e.g., biological, engineering) in a consulting environment
- Proven abilities in coordination, project and document control, data management, and submission of project reports
- Intermediate to expert desktop software abilities (Word, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint), and adept at quickly editing and formatting complex documents
- Experienced in project management tools for project tracking and cost-accounting needs, and able to produce up-to-date status reports
- Advanced skills in using financial software and spreadsheets, including numerical analysis
- Quick learner, easily adaptable to new software applications, systems, and business processes
- Superbly organized and self-managed
- Able to deliver on time in a diverse and often demanding multi-project environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to produce meaningful reports and proposals
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong problem-solver, able to address challenges with effective solutions
- Positive and energetic approach to work
Although not required, the following would be considered assets for this position:
- Certificate/diploma in business administration
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Accreditation or eligibility for accreditation with a professional association (e.g., the College of Applied Biology)
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing date: March 30, 2018
Competition Reference: PCPG-0118
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.