Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. is seeking two enthusiastic, highly motivated vegetation ecologists to join our team in Calgary, Alberta. Our existing projects encompass Western Canada and will provide the successful candidates with exciting and rewarding opportunities for career development.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidates will work with our vegetation ecology team on a variety of vegetation-related field programs, such as:
- Vegetation inventories;
- Vegetation and soil assessments;
- Wetland assessments; and
- Rare plant surveys.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidates will ideally possess the following skills and qualifications:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in botany, plant ecology, biology, or a related field
- P.Biol. or eligibility for registration with the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists
- One to four years of relevant plant identification skills, ideally for wetland and upland communities in boreal landscapes
- Experience with vegetation inventories and assessment
- Knowledge of Alberta’s Wetland Policy and its associated directives
- Experience with wetland delineation and classification
- Soil classification experience
- Willingness to work in the field in remote locations
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Effective technical writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
- Experience operating off-highway vehicles
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing date: June 30, 2018
Competition Reference: VEC-0518
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.