Are you looking for an opportunity to build a meaningful career in the environmental field? Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals striving to make a difference in all they do? Do you want to participate in Western Canada’s most exciting development projects? Do you want to do what you love in some of the most beautiful parts of the country? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (Triton) is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join a well-established team of environmental professionals in our Kamloops office to fill the position of Intermediate or Senior Aquatic Biologist.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We control our own destiny and promote a people-first culture.
Triton is known for being technically strong and pragmatic in its approach. Triton’s multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management. We apply this wide range of expertise in providing practical environmental solutions to our clients.
Triton is growing and looking for the next generation of professionals to take us to the next level. Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We also offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading aquatic field programs and providing technical support to project managers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical leadership on the aquatic biology components of our projects within a team environment.
- Manage, plan, and lead freshwater fisheries programs.
- Manage tasks and projects according to approved scopes of works and deliver quality reports on schedule.
- Liaise with on-site client representatives and contractors.
- Provide quality and independent review for projects.
- Provide an understanding of environmental Best Management Practices and advise clients accordingly.
- Work collaboratively within the Triton corporate culture.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biology or related field
- R.P.Bio. or eligibility for registration with the College of Applied Biology
- 6-12 years of relevant experience
- Technical knowledge in aquatics and fisheries biology
- Significant experience with environmental monitoring and/or environmental inspection
- Multi-jurisdictional knowledge of environmental regulations, policies, and permit application processes
- Fish sampling experience, using various techniques
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical writing, reporting, communication, team leadership and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Superior problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter, at: https://triton.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=59
- Closing Date: March 6, 2020
- Competition Reference: SABK-0220
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.