Are you looking for an opportunity to build a meaningful career in the environmental field? Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals striving to make a difference in all they do? Do you want to participate in Western Canada’s most exciting development projects? Do you want to do what you love in some of the most beautiful parts of the country? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. is seeking new talent to fill Environmental Monitor/Inspector positions in all our offices (Terrace, Prince George, Kamloops, Vernon, Vancouver, and Calgary).
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We control our own destiny and promote a people-first culture.
Triton is known for being technically strong and pragmatic in its approach. Triton’s multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management. We apply this wide range of expertise in providing practical environmental solutions to our clients.
Triton is growing and looking for the next generation of professionals to take us to the next level. Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We also offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
These positions will appeal to individuals with a passion for working outdoors and who thrive in a construction environment. Successful candidates will be part of a team building world class projects that balance environmental protection with development. Responsibilities:
- Implementing Environmental Protection Plans (EPPs) and work plans to ensure compliance, including recommendations to resolve non-conformances
- Monitoring work activities as they relate to environmental protection
- Reviewing and directing contractors in the installation of erosion and sediment control measures
- Supervising soil salvage and handling procedures
- Conducting pre-construction bird sweeps and amphibian salvage
- Monitoring water quality and conducting fish salvage
- Performing equipment inspections for fluid leaks and assisting with spill prevention and response
- Attending project and safety meetings
- Promoting safety culture and complying with safety protocols
- Liaising with clients, regulators, and contractors
- Working collaboratively within Triton corporate culture
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc. or technical diploma in biology, forestry, agriculture, environmental science, or related degree
- Minimum of five years of experience as an environmental monitor or inspector in a construction environment
- Extensive knowledge of construction site erosion and sediment control measures and BMPs
- Thorough understanding of applicable environmental legislation, regulations, and policies to ensure project-specific compliance
- Experience in fish salvage, water quality monitoring, pre-construction bird sweeps, and amphibian salvage
- Adept in the operation and maintenance of required field equipment
- Ability to identify and mitigate issues rapidly to ensure compliance within an active construction work environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in wiring, with clients, contractors, agencies, and co-workers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills
- Physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
- Experience operating off-highway vehicles
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter directed to the office location of interest.
- Terrace Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prince George Email: email@example.com
- Kamloops and Vernon Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vancouver Email: email@example.com
- Calgary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: none
- Competition Reference: EMI-1118
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.