Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (“Triton”) is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Database Application Developer/Administrator to join a well-established team of environmental professionals. The preferred location for this position is based out of our Prince George office, but we will consider our Vancouver, Kamloops, or Calgary office for the right qualified candidate. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a natural leader interested in building, managing, and administrating database applications to support environmental field data collection programs as well as activities associated with the operational day-to-day business units within the company.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
- Design, develop, test, and implement database applications and solutions.
- Design and build databases to perform at optimum levels on cloud-hosted servers.
- Design and build user friendly, intuitive front-end form-based tablet database entry screens.
- Design and build web portals to allow staff and clients to interact with data.
- Design and build custom reports and data exports.
- Create processes to ensure data integrity and identify potential data errors.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with the database environment.
- Document and update procedures and processes.
- Assist the IT department with the management and administration of cloud database servers.
- Identify, manage, maintain, and integrate third-party applications that complement the database applications.
- Participate in team/group discussions to identity business functions that could benefit from database solutions.
- Build successful working relationships across all levels of the company.
- Perform and manage multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc./BA degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent; a background in biology and experience with environmental databases would be a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a database developer with demonstrated application implementations
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, FileMaker Web Direct, FileMaker Cloud, AWS, and Mirror Sync
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Excellent people management and team building skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills
- Experience working in a consulting environment would be beneficial
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online software would be considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing date: Sept. 23, 2019
Competition Reference: DDAPG-0819
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.