Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic individual to fill the role of Boat Operator/Warehouse Coordinator for our Terrace operation.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soils science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating boats on a variety of projects, as well as coordinating field equipment scheduling and maintenance.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience operating a variety of vessels in both marine and riverine environments
- Knowledge of marine navigation requirements
- Experience implementing safe operating procedures, including crew safety briefings and instructions to passengers and crew members
- Solid understanding of small engines and ability to perform basic mechanical diagnostics and maintenance
- Certifications in Transport Canada Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP), Marine Emergency Duties A3, and Restricted Operators Certificate (Maritime)
- Certification in Marine or Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence
- Experience with warehouse organization and maintenance
- Ability to provide basic field equipment maintenance and repair
- Experience using scheduling tools and software
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions
- Familiarity with typical environmental consulting field gear and surveying equipment an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
- Email: email@example.com
- Competition Reference: BOWCTR-0618
- Closing Date: July 15, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.