Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. is seeking enthusiastic, highly motivated safety boat operators to support a bird monitoring program in the oil sands region of northern Alberta. Triton’s existing projects encompass Western Canada and will provide successful candidates with exciting and rewarding opportunities for career development.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We control our own destiny and promote a people-first culture.
Triton is known for being technically strong and pragmatic in its approach. Triton’s multi-disciplinary team comprises of environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management. We apply this wide range of expertise in providing practical environmental solutions to our clients.
Triton is growing and looking for the next generation of professionals to take us to the next level. Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We also offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidates will work as part of a field team, reporting to the project office in Calgary. Transportation will be provided from Calgary or Edmonton to the work site. Responsibilities will include a variety of tasks, including:
- Operation of safety boats in a safe and capable manner;
- Basic maintenance and repair of boats, UTVs, and other project equipment; and
- Assisting with the deployment, inspection, and maintenance of bird deterrent equipment.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced in the operation of boats
- Solid understanding of small engines and ability to perform basic mechanical diagnostics and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience implementing safe operating procedures, including crew safety briefings and instructions to passengers and crew members
- Experience with basic emergency response, lifesaving, rescue, and survival skills
- Ability to provide basic field equipment maintenance and repair
- Pleasure Craft Operator certification
- Physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions
- Positive attitude, excellent inter-personal skills, and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- MED A-3 Certification an asset
- Class 5 Operator’s Licence
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter, at https://triton.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45.
Closing date: Jan. 31, 2020
Competition Reference: BOUTV-0119
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.