Are you looking for an opportunity to build a meaningful career in the environmental field? Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals striving to make a difference in all they do? Do you want to participate in Western Canada’s most exciting development projects? Do you want to do what you love in some of the most beautiful parts of the country? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (“Triton”) is seeking highly-motivated and enthusiastic Amphibian Leads to join a well-established team of environmental professionals in our Terrace and Kitimat offices.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We control our own destiny and promote a people-first culture.
Triton is known for being technically strong and pragmatic in its approach. Triton’s multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management. We apply this wide range of expertise in providing practical environmental solutions to our clients.
Triton is growing and looking for the next generation of professionals to take us to the next level. Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We also offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
This position will appeal to individuals with a passion for working outdoors and who thrive in a constriction environment. Successful candidates will be part of a team building world class projects that balance environmental protection with development. Responsibilities:
- Conducting pre-construction amphibian salvages
- Establishing construction mitigation and salvage planning for amphibians
- Advising construction crews on amphibian best management practices
- Liaising with clients, regulators, and contractors
- Working collaboratively within Triton’s corporate culture
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc. or technical diploma in biology, forestry, agriculture, environmental science, or related degree
- Extensive experience in western Canada amphibian identification and handling
- Minimum of 2 years experience conducting amphibian identification, handling, salvages and/or surveys
- Experienced in the interpretation and application of provincial and federal wildlife/amphibian regulation as it pertains to construction activities (e.g. BC Wildlife Act, SARA).
- Amphibian salvage planning and implementation experience in western Canada would be viewed as an asset.
- Physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Terrace: Ref #ALT-0120, apply at: https://triton.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=53
Kitimat: Ref #ALK-0120, apply at: https://triton.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=52
Closing date: February 28, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.