Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to work in a great company with a dynamic team of professionals thriving to make a difference in all they do? Do you love the vibe of downtown Vancouver? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (Triton) is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join a well-established team of environmental professionals in our Vancouver office to fill the position of full-time administrative assistant.
We are an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We control our own destiny and promote a people-first culture.
We will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer competitive wage and benefits packages.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing reception and administrative support to the Vancouver office operations team. Work involves completing a range of clerical activities while ensuring duties are carried out with a focus on providing professional and timely assistance as required. The administrative assistant is responsible for exercising courtesy and diplomacy while working with others, and the position requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answering, directing, and responding to incoming calls and routine enquiries, greeting clients, and providing a friendly, professional, and helpful first impression of the company
- Carrying out day-to-day administrative/clerical duties, including filing and photocopying, and processing correspondence, reports, emails, and other documentation
- Preparing and maintaining computerized files, mailing lists, databases, and other information
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, as well as courier schedules
- Ensuring office supplies are well-stocked; re-ordering supplies regularly
- Assisting team members/management with special projects, including conducting research and coordinating reports and documentation
- Arranging travel and accommodations for operational staff and management
- Arranging office, warehouse, and vehicle maintenance
- Data entry
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 diploma
- Completion of a one- or two-year Administrative program would be an asset
- Minimum of two years providing reception and administrative support
- Proficient with computers, including a basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and web-based applications and programs
- Ability to stay organized, work independently, and manage time and workload efficiently to ensure project tasks are completed on time
- Detail-oriented, with a high degree of accuracy when working with data
- A valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition Reference: AAV-1019
- Closing Date: December 9, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.